Here are my 15 tips for adding a little beauty to your life inexpensively. Enjoy!
- Make your own quotation book or add a favorite quotes page to your blog. Reviewing them from time to time will get you thinking.
- Buy a bunch of your favorite type of apples and display them in a bowl on your kitchen table. Easily accessible for a quick, healthy snack!
- Store out of season sweaters in plastic bags. Include a sweet smelling soap or a fabric softener sheet inside to keep them fresh.
- Buy your staples (underwear, t-shirts, socks) twice a year. Consider buying them online to save yourself some time and have a record of your purchase.
- Line the inside of your closet door with art or travel postcards so you can get dressed in the morning surrounded by beautiful pictures.
- Be a few minutes early for you next appointment. Sit patiently, and wait calmly. Enjoy your own company while you show respect for other people’s time too.
- Decant your oil and vinegar.
- Store lemons and limes in bowls in your refrigerator so they look pretty and are easily moved to the counter for cooking.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to your coffee grounds in the morning. Brew and drink out of your favorite mug!
- Use a pepper mill and trying buying freshly ground spices. The difference is amazing.
- Unplug the television and take it out of the bedroom.
- Begin the day by stretching while still in bed!
- Try a natural, herbal bath. Create an herb sachet with fresh mint, lemon verbena, or even herbal tea and add it to your warm bath water.
- Write a heartfelt thank you note. It happens so rarely these days.
- Buy a blank book for a friend you know wants to begin a journal, but has trouble getting started.
Leave me a comment, and let me know your suggestions for adding beauty to your life!
I’d love to hear from you…