I’m Angela. I live and work in San Francisco as a executive at a large private company in the commercial insurance industry overseeing a team dedicated to internal sales support. I’m also a lawyer and a regular traveler both for business and for pleasure.
This site is where share about topics close to my heart and my adventures near and far.
- Meltdown in Mumbai on Wanderlust: Literary Journeys for the Discerning Traveler
- A few words about the Golden Gate Bridge for Etihad Airways’ San Francisco map.
- An Insider’s Guide to the City by the Bay, my interview with AmTrak
- Far & Wise Book Collection created for Scribd
- My contributions to Viator’s Things to Do San Francisco
- Ascension: Serious Coffee Culture Comes to Dallas on ILiveInDallas.com
- Travel Poetry: Robert Louis Stevenson’s Adventures Abroad on Food Poet
And, here’s my writing about law school — i.e. what every prospective law student should know before deciding to go to law school, even before taking the LSAT.
At it’s most basic, I help communicate complex business issues in a compelling and (hopefully) memorable way. I also work closely with our IT teams to use technology within the company to help our sales teams respond expertly to the demands they face daily.
I edit and write content marketing materials about highly technical legal issues (contract interpretation and commercial insurance law) for an audience of savvy non-lawyers. Think CEOs, CFOs, General Counsels and Risk Managers. It’s about streamlining and simplifying without losing the essence or any key details.
WHAT I’M DOING NOW
- Probably NOT getting up early for a flight out of SFO. I’ve happily been home for a little while!
- My next trip for business is to Dallas or Chicago.
- My next trip for pleasure is to Joshua Tree, CA for camping over July Fourth.
- Working on marketing and strategy, including data driven projects, and much less as a lawyer. It’s been a natural transition so far, but my responsibilities have grown, which has meant less writing here. I’m hoping to change that in 2016.
- Still writing morning pages.
- Reading an actual, physical book! Currently: Die Empty, by Todd Henry.
- Still contemplating adding something handmade to my now bare dining room walls. It could be inspired by the Mexican tiles from this Baja coffee shop and this San Francisco middle school. We’ll see… TBD.
Last updated on 7/1/16. This section was inspired by Derek Shivers @ nownownow.org.