Putting your hands to work is the perfect distraction when things seem a little overwhelming or you’ve been chained to your office chair for too long. It works wonders for me when I’m on the path of overthinking something I probably can’t control anyways. So, take one step at a time. Move towards and end. Bring order to chaos – or at least the mess of ingredients cluttering up your countertop.
It’s not unheard of, but it’s exceedingly unlikely that I would embark on an elaborate cooking endeavor when this kind of mood strikes. I typically subscribe to the “get in, and get out” mindset* – especially when bigger things are weighing on my mind, there’s Christmas merriment to be had, or any other number of things distract me. I’m pretty much a maximize the bang for the least buck kind of cook. Wholesome real ingredients are required, but only quick and easy recipes make it into my repertoire.
My Favorite Blogger DIY Gift Suggestions
Since there’s no better gift to give or receive at this time of year than something homemade, I put together a list of my favorite blogger DIY recipes or projects (below). And, I chose the easiest of the bunch. Potting Winter Flowering Bulbs.
- Spicy, Sweet & Salty Rosemary Nuts from Pink of Perfection
- Sparkling Cranberries from 101 cookbooks
- Christmas Greenery Door Decoration from Good to Grow
- Ridiculously Easy Butterscotch Sauce from smitten kitchen
- Simplest Tomato Soup from Sweet Amandine
- Simple Brown Sugar Beauty Scrub from Pink of Perfection
- Potted Winter Bulbs from Good to Grow**
* Note that while I cite Jess of Sweet Amandine for her description of the “get in, and get out” kitchen mentality, all evidence points to the fact that she regularly embarks on wonderfully elaborate cooking endeavors. It’s part of the reason I love to follow her beautiful blog!
**Thanks, Jenn for sending me to Good to Grow. Loads of great plant information!
I’m sure there are many, many other great suggestions. Please add to my list in the comments. I’d love to hear about them!